Tuesday 27 August 2013

Superdrug product reviews.

 


What's this? I'm actually posting the reviews when I said I would? Wow.

Aha, ok, so yesterday I said I would post some reviews about some products I recently bought from Superdrug. Now, I love this store, and I always go in whenever I pass, but recently, I bought some products from there that I haven't bought before, so I thought I would share my views on them with you.




Product 1; 2true Be Clear 4 in 1 Foundation in the Shade 1. £1.99 (I got this in the 3 for £5 offer that 2true have in Superdrug)

Now, I have mixed reviews on this product, as it gave me coverage in some places on my face, but not in others. It also felt really dry and tight on my face when I put it on. Another thing, is that it only comes in one shade; light. This is good for me as I have fair skin, but for someone who is dark skinned, or has olive skin, this would be a problem.

I have never bought this before and I am not sure if I will be buying it again. Rate; 4/10.




 

Product 2; 2true Voluptulash mascara in the shade 1 Black. £1.99 (I also got this in the 3 for £5 offer)

I love this mascara. I have never bought this mascara, as I always have mascara bought for me, but I was talked into buying this by one of the assistants in Superdrug, and I was glad she did! She told me it has won a survey and has come out on top over all the other big name mascaras. And oh my gosh, it makes my lashes look long, I only need to use one coat (whereas I usually use about 3 mascaras), and it lasts all day long, no matter what.

I wore this mascara on holiday, and went on a boat trip. I ended up getting soaked, and all my makeup came off, except this mascara, which was good. It is super easy to take off with makeup wipes, but doesn't run if you cry/get wet (which is also a good thing as I have hayfever and most mascaras end up halfway down my face)

I will be buying this product again. Rate; 10/10.



Product 3; Maybelline Baby Lips in the shade Peach Kiss. £2.99

Ok, so I have seen loads of beauty youtubers raving about this, but I have also seen mixed reviews about it. Personally, I love this product. It feels soft on my lips, lasts a long time, and it tastes great!

If you are like me, and have been looking for this product for a long time, go into your local Superdrug and go to the Maybelline counter, if you can't see the product (which I couldn't), go up to the cashier (it may be near the cashier, as I saw some in a Superdrug in Barnstaple whilst on holiday near the cashier), and if its not there, ask the cashier. It may be in the drawer under the Maybelline counter, as mine was in the second Superdrug I went to.

But honestly, if you are wanting to get this, but have seen mixed reviews about it, just buy it. After all, its what YOU think of the product that matters; I saw mixed reviews and bought it anyway and I love it!

I will be buying this again in the different colours. Rate; 10/10.





Product 4; New York Colour Foil Effect nail varnish in the shades Power Of Elements and Aqua Mist. £1.49 (if I remember correctly)

Now, I adore NYC prducts; I currently own 5 other products by them, and they are amazing.

I already own 2 nail varnishes by NYC, but they are the 'regualr' nail varnishes, so I thought I would go for something different and I saw these. They immediately caught my eye and I just had to have them!

They both give amazing colour after just 1 coat, which is good as you don't have to apply 2/3 coats just to get a good colour. They are very metallic colours, and reflect the light nicely.

I will without a doubt be buying these again in different colours. Rate; 10/10.

Hope you enjoyed reading my reviews, and if you want me to review any products, just leave a comment and I will review them for you!

Stay weird,

Alice xox

2 comments:

  1. Hey I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out here - http://strikeapo.se/liebster-award/
    Hope you do the post! Let me know if you do, would love to read your answers :) Mary xoxo

    ReplyDelete